Image Map Image Map

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Book Boyfriend: Tobias Eaton aka "Four" (The Divergent Trilogy)

So I've seen this meme floating around many book blogs, but initially I got the idea from Reading Lark and they got this meme from The Unread Reader. I've enjoyed the meme so much that I will also be joining in on the fun on Wednesdays. Welcome to Book Boyfriends everyone!


Appearance: 

  • Age 18
  • Dark Hair
  • Dark Blue Eyes
  • Built like a solider
  • Tattoos of the five factions along his spine


Why He's My Book Boyfriend: He's not a man of beautiful speeches, but of small moments and tiny gestures that allude to his real feelings not just about his significant other but about his entire life. I want him as my book boyfriend because I think he's strong, supportive, and his awkward tendencies are charming, even when he's being a bit of an asshole.

Actor to be my Four:

I completely understand why they chose Theo James as Four. The actor has to be built like a soldier (and can fight like one), who's young, and can act at the same time, it's not an easy bill to fit. But if I had to pick someone other than Theo as Four I would choose Tyler Hoechiln.


Quotes from and about Tobias: 

1) "You belong here, you know that?" he says. "You belong with us. It'll e over soon, so just hold on, okay?" 

He scratches behind his ear and looks away, like he's embarrassed by what he said.

I stare at him. I feel my heartbeat everywhere, even in my toes. I feel like I'm doing something bold, but I could just as easily walk away. I am not sure which option is smarter, or better. I am not sure that I care. 

I reach out and take his hand. His fingers slide between mine.

2) "What did you do to them?" I say.

"I deposited Drew at the infirmary a half hour ago," he says, "Peter and Al ran. Drew claimed they were just trying to scare you. At least, I think that's what he was trying to say."

"He's in bad shape?"

"He'll live," he replies. He adds bitterly, "In what condition, I can't say."

3) "I don't want to say this," he says, "but I feel like I have to. It is more important for you to be safe than right, for the time being. Understand?"

His straight eyebrows are drawn low over his eyes. My stomach writhes, partly because I know he makes a good point but I don't want to admit it, and partly because I want something I don't know how to express; I want to press against the space between us until it disappears.

I nod.

"But please, when you see an opportunity..."He presses his hand to my cheek, cold and strong, and tilts my head up so I have to look at him. His eyes glint. They look almost predatory. "Ruin them."

4) "Are you asking me to undress, Tris?"

A nervous laugh gurgles from my throat. "Only...partially."

5) "I don't..." I sound like I'm being strangled. "My family is all dead, or traitors; how can I..."

I am not making any sense. The sobs take over my body, my mind, everything. He gathers me to him, and bathwater soaks my legs. His hold is tight. I listen to his heartbeat and, after a while, find a way to let the rhythm calm me.

"I'll be your family now," he says.

"I love you," I say.


You guys can check out my full review of both Divergent and Insurgent by clicking the links below.



No comments:

Post a Comment