Image Map Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Book Boyfriend: Peregrine

So I've seen this meme floating around many book blogs, but initially I got the idea from Reading Lark and they got this meme from The Unread Reader. I've enjoyed the meme so much that I will also be joining in on the fun on Wednesdays. Welcome to Book Boyfriends everyone!


Appearance: 


  • Blond hair of varying shades, described as "Medusa's snarl"
  • Athletically built, he can swim well and is a Hunter.
  • Large falcon tattoo on his back that stretches from shoulder to shoulder, and two patterned bands tattooed on each bicep. 
  • Green eyes, often compared to the reflective eyes of an animal. 


Why He's My Book Boyfriend:

Perry is a bit of an ass when he first meets someone, he's not well-versed, and he's bit of a hothead but after once he cares about a person it's fully and passionately. There is no middle speed for Perry, it's either all or nothing. He's not one for long romantic monologues but he's still incredibly romantic. Not to mention that he's a skilled fighter, hunter, provider, and a bit snarky too.

Actor to be my Peregrine: 

Well as soon as I read the description of his hair I pictured Heath Ledger.

Can you guys tell how much I loved this man, yet? Haha. 

But if I had to pick another actor to play Perry, I would choose Sam Claflin from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 

In general, his entire look from The Hunger Games reminds me a lot of how Perry is supposed to look, with the exception that Perry is not supposed to be "gorgeous" and Perry's hair is unkempt. 

Quotes from Perry: 

1) "Perry remembered what she'd said in her room.

We could miss them together.

She'd been right. It had been easier with her. Perry placed his hand on hers.

"Are you alright?" he whispered. It wasn't what he wanted to know. Of course she wasn't all right. What he wanted to know was if the together part still mattered to her. Because even though he was confused and sorry and angry, it still mattered to him." (Under the Never Sky pg. 266). 

2) "I've been watching you and Roar. Wanting it to be me training with you." His shoulders came up. "I don't want to do it now."

"Why?" Aria's voice was high and thin.

He smiled, a flash of shyness, before he leaned close. "There are other things I'd rather do when I'm alone with you." (Under the Never Sky pg. 296-297)

3) Aria laughed. That was attractive. She smelled like horse. "Do you ever miss anything?"

Perry smiled. "You, all the time." (Through the Ever Night pg. 99)

4) "We're together now," he whispered against her forehead. "The way it should be."

She closed her eyes and relaxed her breathing, seeking calm. He was rendered to her. Maybe he'd feel it too. "Sleep, Perry."

"I will," he said. "With you right here, I will." (Through the Ever Night pg. 121)

5) "Yes. Of course...I'll always...like you, Aria." He grinned because he sounded like a fool. He loved her--down to his soul--and he was going to tell her sometime. But not with Talon's knee digging into his kidney.

Aria smiled. "I'll always like you too."

The way she said it, the way her temper opened up, he knew'd read his mind and felt the same way. Her lips were close. He pressed a kiss to them, though he wanted more, everything she'd give him.

That sent Talon over the edge. He lost it, his torrential giggles infectious, pulling them all in.

A full hour passed before the ten fell quiet again. Perry was covered in legs and arms and blankets, so hot that sweat dampened his shirt, the shoulder he'd dislocated a month ago ached beneath the weight of Aria's head, and Talon was snoring right into his ear, but he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so good." (Into the Still Blue pg. 52).

If I add anymore quotes I'd spoil the entire trilogy for all of you. Check out the full review to all three books in the trilogy by clicking on the links below.





1 comment: