Image Map Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Book Boyfriend: Rowan (Trail by Fire by Josephine Angelini)

So I've seen this meme floating around many book blogs, but initially I got the idea from Reading Lark and they got this meme from The Unread Reader. I've enjoyed the meme so much that I will also be joining in on the fun on Wednesdays. Welcome to Book Boyfriends everyone!



Appearance:
  • Light-caramel skin
  • High and well-defined cheekbones
  • Tall and lithe
  • Dark brown eyes that look black. 


Why He's Book Boyfriend:
Rowan struck me from the moment he appears in the book. With his strong attitude and morals. He's grouchy but he knows it and is more gentle when he knows he needs to be. Rowan doesn't move fast into any relationship and does everything with the appropriate amount of caution. I know it's job to be attentive to Lily but there was just something more than just an occupation there. It was clear to me that he's that attentive to everyone he cares about. Maybe he doesn't always express it in his words, but his actions speak volumes to his feelings. Also, he cooks. How can anyone not fall for a guy that cooks?

Actor to be Rowan: 

I know I already used him before but Tyler Hoechlin completely fits the bill for this role. But just for the sake of putting something new, my second choice for Rowan would be Alex Meraz.




Quotes from and about Rowan:

1) "Because I want to trust you. I want you to be everything I loved about her and nothing I hated. I want it so badly that I know I shouldn't trust myself enough to trust you. But I guess I'm doing it anyway, even though I know you're not staying."

2) "I don't trust you not to go and die on me," he said aloud. "You're stubborn and brave and you don't listen to me."

3) "I meant me." Rowan smiled and came to Lily, He unwound her arms and stepped into them. "I knew you were shy with your body."

Lily narrowed her eyes. "Actually, you called me a puritan," she said gently.

"Well, to us you sort of are. Seventeen and never been with a man?" Rowan teased. "You've got so much catching up to do I might have to draw you a chart."

Lily tried to break out of his arms, but he only held her tighter. He took energy from her to do it, too.

"You're cheating!" she said with disbelief. 

"I'm your mechanic." He pressed his hand into the small of her back, sealing her against him. "My strength flows from you. I can't cheat you."

4) "Lily sat up and saw a glass of water on the bedside table. A tiny card was propped up against it. It said, Thirsty? in bold uppercase letters. Lily realized that she'd never seen Rowan's handwriting before. She started at it, sipping her water, memorizing every swoop and curve. 

She swung her legs out of bed and noticed that she'd somehow struggled out of her robe while she slept. Rowan had left a stack of clothes on the floor next to her, with it's own accompanying card that read Naked?. Lily laughed quietly to herself and got dressed."

5) "Shh," Rowan breathed. He squeezed her shoulders and tilted his face towards hers. "Look at me."

Lily gulped a few times and tried to control herself. When she met Rowan's eyes, she was surprised to see that they were soft instead of angry.

"I'm going to let anything happen to you. Okay?" He ran a hand across her face, brushing her wet cheeks dry.

If you guys are interested in my full book review of Trial by Fire, click here. Hope you guys liked it =)


No comments:

Post a Comment